Typically, patients with neck and back pain go to their primary care doctor or family doctor first for medical attention. The assistance of a spine specialist is necessary for many patients, though. A doctor who has completed additional years of training in the diagnosis and treatment of spinal disorders like scoliosis, osteoarthritis, osteoporosis, herniated discs, stenosis, spine injuries, fractured vertebrae, spinal deformity, tumours, infections, and congenital abnormalities is referred to as a spine specialist. The majority of spine surgeons are either neurosurgeons or orthopaedic surgeons with fellowship training in the field.
The Qualities of the Top Spine & Neurosurgeon in Gurgaon
Involvement in one’s own healthcare should be encouraged. The choice of a doctor falls under this as well. Under some managed care plans, selecting a physician can be challenging, but if you can, use the following tips to locate a spine specialist:
Verify the surgeon’s board certification (or eligibility) and that they have finished a spine fellowship.
This shows that the person has successfully completed a spine surgery fellowship program, which required at least an additional year of training beyond what is typically required for surgical residency.
Choose a Spine & Neurosurgeon in Gurgaon whose primary area of focus is treating spinal conditions.
A physician who frequently treats spine patients will be more knowledgeable about newer technologies and techniques than a physician who only occasionally treats spine patients.
Make sure the doctor you select makes you feel comfortable in addition to checking out their credentials.
After all, finding a doctor you can trust is almost as crucial as learning about their background. In order to improve communication between a doctor and a patient, consider the following:
- Does the doctor adequately address all of your questions and concerns while providing you with information about your condition?
- How much of his or her time is spent with you?
- Is the doctor approachable, accepting, and attentive?
- Does he or she appreciate an alternative viewpoint?
Discuss with the doctor your experiences using the most recent tools and methods for spine surgery.
How many operations has he or she carried out? Is the doctor willing to suggest any former patients who might be willing to talk to you about their experiences?
- To learn what is covered and what you might be responsible for, discuss your medical insurance with the doctor or someone else in the office.
- A trustworthy source, such as your primary care physician, a friend, or a family member, should recommend a doctor to you.
What to Watch Out For Best Spine Surgeon in Gurgaon
When choosing the Best Spine Surgeon in Gurgaon, there are a few additional factors you should be wary of. Never go to a doctor who practices the following:
- Discourages or forbids the use of second thoughts.
- Does not fully address your queries or makes you feel uncomfortable posing them.
- Tries to persuade you not to have the surgery. Please keep in mind that the decision to have surgery is entirely up to you. It is your doctor’s responsibility to arm you with the knowledge you need to make an informed choice.
- Surgery should only be used as a last resort after all other non-surgical options have been tried and failed because it bypasses conservative treatment options.
- Has a secretive attitude toward therapies, procedures, prices, results, and recovery goals.
If you have concerns about a specific doctor, you can check with your state’s medical board to see if there has ever been any disciplinary action taken against the doctor’s license. We recommend you check out Dr. SK Rajan, he is one of the Best Spine Surgeon in Gurgaon.